[patch] coff: fix alignment issues when building on ARM

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue Dec 5 16:27:00 GMT 2006

Hi Guys,

   OK, What do we think of this revised version of Michael's patch ?

   I took the liberty of defining ATTRIBUTE_PACKED in ansidecl.h since
it looks like this attribute might be need in more places in the future.
  I did not add a gcc version test for this since I could not find out
when the packed attribute was introduced.  (I think that it came in when
attributes came in, but I am not sure).

   I am currently running regression tests, but I am not expecting any
problems.

include/ChangeLog
2006-12-05  Michael Tautschnig  <tautschn@model.in.tum.de>
	    Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* ansidecl.h (ATTRIBUTE_PACKED): Define.

include/elf/ChangeLog
2006-12-05  Michael Tautschnig  <tautschn@model.in.tum.de>
	    Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* external.h (struct Elf_External_Versym): Use ATTRIBUTE_PACKED.

include/coff/ChangeLog
2006-12-05  Michael Tautschnig  <tautschn@model.in.tum.de>
	    Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* external.h (struct external_aouthdr): Add ATTRIBUTE_PACKED.
	(struct external_syment): Likewise.
	(union external_auxent): Likewise.