[RFC] Simplify MinGW canadian crosses
Daniel Jacobowitz
drow@false.org
Tue Aug 29 15:00:00 GMT 2006
On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 01:41:07PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Hi,
>
>
> I created the below patchset to allow to build canadian crosses with
> MinGW as host machine. It allowed me to build a linux-x-mingw-x-powerpc
> canadian cross, using the in-tree winsup directory, and so,
> consequentially, without the need to have any externally installed MinGW
> headers and/or libraries.
>
> Unfortunately, this requires changes in top-level, in libiberty, in
> winsup, in winsup/mingw, and in winsup/w32api.
Some of these patches may be good on their own. But, why go to this
much effort to support doing this complicated setup in a single tree? I
really don't think it's a good idea. If you want to build some code
that runs on mingw, I don't think that having mingw tools installed
is an unreasonable requirement.
We have to pick and choose where to invest in making our build system
even more complex.
--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery
More information about the Binutils
mailing list