readelf/objdump segment size doesn't match symbol table sizes

showard showard@cs.clemson.edu
Thu Aug 10 21:47:00 GMT 2006

>Alignment: empty padding space between symbols.

Is there any good way to account for this padding? I am trying to reconcile
the figures. What I want to know is that when readelf reports that a
particular function takes up x number of bytes of memory, then it indeed
uses that number of bytes, and not more.

>Also, potentially, symbols whose sizes are not set; anything with st_size
== 0 is somewhat
suspect.

Meaning that the sizes of these symbols will be determined at runtime?

Stefen Howard