remove the PF_W of the text program section

Noah yan noah.yan@gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 14:08:00 GMT 2006


Hi Alan,

On 8/9/06, Alan Modra <amodra@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 10:57:09AM -0700, Noah yan wrote:
> > I did the check, all the object files (*.o) are safe (the .text
> > section flag is all AX), But I found another two .so files that link
> > into the final object have .got section marked as AWX. are they
> > creating the problem? if so, how to do with it?
>
> No, they won't be causing a problem.  (.so sections are not linked into
> your executable.)
>
> Hmm, I guess I should have told you to generate a map file before
> looking at all the input files.  A map file will tell you which input
> file sections are linked into the output .text section.  You probably
> will find that some other (writable) section is being linked to .text.
> If that is the case, then the cure is to fix your linker script.  (I
> gather from a previous comment that you are using your own linker
> script.)
There is one section .plt that is RWX is linked into .text. but when i
put it in the .data section in the script file. The .data section
program header is gone and all (.text, .data, .bss) moves to .text
sections.

Noah
>
> --
> Alan Modra
> IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre
>



More information about the Binutils mailing list