RFC: Add dynamic list to version script

Alan Modra amodra@bigpond.net.au
Wed Aug 9 16:19:00 GMT 2006

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 04:45:42PM +0200, Michael Matz wrote:
> I don't know what forced_local semantics are exactly, so forgive me if I'm
> spelling out the obvious: the symbols not specified as dynamic symbols
> should be bound locally, but they should still be exported, for others to
> link against.  If that is what forced_local does, nice, but from what I
> read in elflink.c it seems that it's doing something more?

Yes, forced_local does more.  I guess I should have read the entire
thread before commenting.

"bound locally, but they should still be exported" says protected to me,
but I gather you don't want to mark them STV_PROTECTED in the output
because ld.so is slow resolving protected symbols for some reason.  So
why can't ld.so be fixed?

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre