remove the PF_W of the text program section

Noah yan noah.yan@gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 00:58:00 GMT 2006


Thanks Alan for your comments. "a writable text section", do you mean
I need to identify this from sources? if so, only hand-writing
assembly code can do this and compiler-generated code does not write
to text section, correct?

Noah

On 8/8/06, Alan Modra <amodra@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 05:12:29PM -0700, Noah yan wrote:
> > I use a linker scripts to create a bootup binary, but the text program
> > section is always set as PF_W, PF_R PF_X and my loader need it to be
> > set as RX only. How can I do this?  thanks in advance.
>
> Identify the input file that has a writable text section and fix it.
>
> --
> Alan Modra
> IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre
>



More information about the Binutils mailing list