[PATCH] : Correct ARM_RVA32 value in pe images generation for arm Windows CE.

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue Aug 8 10:05:00 GMT 2006


Hi Pedro,

>>> Can anyone point me to a list of which platforms use arm-pe?
>>> What is this epoc arm target used for?

>> I don't know for sure, but the only EPOC I'm familiar with is the image
>> format used for SymbianOS. 

The arm-epoc-pe target was for the SymbianOS.  The epoc qualifier was added
to distinguish it from the WinCE targeted PE format version.  Ideally arm-pe
should have been dropped, but it never was.

> So, I guess there is arm-pe, and arm-epoc-pe, both
> supporting Symbian targets (different SDK versions??),

By now the answer is probably yes.  At the time the arm-epoc-pe target 
was introduced, the answer was no.

> [target]             [bfd image format]
> arm-pe               pei-arm-little
> arm-epoc-pe          epoc-pei-arm-little
> arm-wince-pe         pei-arm-little
> 
> If I am correct, then problem is that arm-pe and arm-wince-pe use the
> same bfd format names, but they aren't really the same.
> The reloc id numbers are different, and wince doesn't use underscores
> while arm-pe does, among other differences.
> 
> Should I rename wince's bfd format? wince-pei-arm-little? Then, I would
> just add a new entry to pe_detail_list[] with the correct values.

Yes, this would be a very good idea.

Cheers
   Nick




More information about the Binutils mailing list