[RFC] handling of forward references in expressions

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Mon Aug 7 14:11:00 GMT 2006


Hi Jan,

>>> another solution to the original problem, or do I need to go through all
>>> affected targets and find where they make those incorrect assumptions?
>> I think that you (or rather we)
> 
> Does that mean you'd accept a patch that breaks (i.e. results in additional
> testsuite failures) two or three targets...

Hmm, tell me which targets first...

>> do need to go through all the affected 
>> targets and fix them.  Sorry. :-(
> 
> ... or is it really meant to say I should (try to) fix targets I don't even have
> the slightest knowledge about?

No, but if you can give an outline of what needs to be fixed, I am 
willing to have a go at repairing the broken targets.  Fixing one such 
target yourself and showing me^H^Hthe list how you did it would also be 
very helpful.

Cheers
   Nick




More information about the Binutils mailing list