binutils on arm - research on Pedro's stuff

Danny Backx danny.backx@scarlet.be
Sat Apr 29 02:08:00 GMT 2006

Guys,

I can confirm that Pedro's work (the binutils-head-wince_edited.diff
file that he posted) does provide a solution for my problems.

The solution is only partial, but that may not be a binutils problem.

Here's the detail :
- I created a Makefile (attached) to call gcc, gas, and ld in the same
way as demonstrated by an example from Pedro
- Pedro's example that just calls MessageBoxW() works with that.
- My example that calls fopen/fprintf/fclose doesn't do anything.
- In file2.c I made a mixture between both to call MessageBoxW before
and after the fopen call. Only the MessageBoxW call before fopen
happens, the one after is never reached. This is on a PDA, no other
feedback comes, the process is just gone. This may not be a binutils
issue at all.

So I would encourage you to look into Pedro's patch because it
transforms a clearly broken binutils (on ARM) into one that appears to
work.

	Danny
--
Danny Backx ; danny.backx - at - scarlet.be ; http://danny.backx.info