[Xtensa] add support for wide branches with 15-bit offsets

Bob Wilson bwilson@tensilica.com
Tue Apr 25 17:35:00 GMT 2006

The change on 2005-12-30 to add support for Xtensa wide branches was incomplete:
these wide branch opcodes may come in two different sizes, with either 15-bit or
18-bit offsets, but the previous patch only supported the 18-bit versions.  This
patch generalizes the assembler to handle the 15-bit versions as well.  Tested
with an xtensa-elf build, as well as with several non-default Xtensa
configurations that include both versions of the wide branches.  Committed on
the mainline and 2.17 branch.  (It's debatable whether this is a new feature or
bug fix, but I decided to put it on the branch anyway since I'd rather not have
a half-baked feature in the release.)

2006-04-25  Bob Wilson  <bob.wilson@acm.org>

	* config/xtensa-relax.c (widen_spec_list): Use new "WIDE.<opcode>"
	syntax instead of hardcoded opcodes with ".w18" suffixes.
	(wide_branch_opcode): New.
	(build_transition): Use it to check for wide branch opcodes with
	either ".w18" or ".w15" suffixes.