PATCH: ld/2537: Linker doesn't allow sections reserved for applications.

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue Apr 18 17:26:00 GMT 2006

Hi H.J,

> +	      /* FIXME: How to properly handle allocated section
> +		 reserved for applications?  */
> +	      (*_bfd_error_handler)
> +	       (_("%B: allocated section `%s' reserved for applications"),

I think that the error message ought to be more helpful here.  Something
along the lines of:

  "BFD library does not know how to handle the allocated, application
   specific section %s".

Also, it may be possible for a particular backend to handle such a
section, so we ought to give elf_backend_section_from_shdr() a chance to
process it, don't you think ?