Add support for ld-elf.so.hints on FreeBSD and DragonFly - Fourth try

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue Apr 11 13:12:00 GMT 2006

Hi Diego,

> Okay, new version of the patch, this time it includes an almost verbatim copy
> of the elf-hints header file from FreeBSD as elf-hints-local.h, that is
> included if the elf-hints.h file is not present in the system already, so
> that it works when building non systems not using FreeBSD's or DragonFly's
> libc,but still defaults to system's headers if they are present, so that if
> they change the signature it works fine anyway.
> This should solve the license issues, too.

Thanks - I have checked your patch in together with this ChangeLog entry.

ld/ChangeLog
2006-04-11  Diego Petteno <flameeyes@gentoo.org>

         * emultempl/elf32.em: Add support for elf-hints.h on FreeBSD
	and Dragonfly targets.
	* configure.in (AC_CHECK_HEADERS): Add elf-hints.h.
	* Makefile.am (HFILES): Add elf-hints-local.h.
	* elf-hints-local.h: New file.
	* Makefile.in: Regenerate.
	* configure: Regenerate.