Revised: [patch] add z80 support to ld

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue Oct 25 17:46:00 GMT 2005


Hi Arnold,

> I just noticed that I made an error while adding 
> $(srcdir)/emultempl/z80.em as a dependency which resulted in a 
> faulty Makefile. A revised batch is below.

Hah - you beat me to it.

I have now checked in your Z80 patches (for ld, bfd, gas, opcodes and 
include).  There are two points however:

   * Are you volunteering to be a maintainer for this port ?

     If so, please could you generate a patch to add yourself to the 
binutils/MAINTAINERS file.

   * I have not applied the changes to gas/expr.c.

     I am concerned about adding target specific code to a generic file. 
  (I was concerned about adding Z80 code to gas/app.c as well, but there 
is already a precedent for this).  I assume that you are attempting to 
make GAS be compatible with somebody else's assembler, but I would much 
prefer it if you could come up with a cleaner way of handling the 
features you require.  Even if it is only adding some more hooks into 
expr.c and having the majority of your expr.c patch in tc-z80.c.

Cheers
   Nick




More information about the Binutils mailing list