[RFH] How to make ld use the LDEMUL_PLACE_ORPHAN hook.

Björn Haase bjoern.m.haase@web.de
Mon Oct 24 22:29:00 GMT 2005


Nick Clifton wrote on Freitag, 21. Oktober 2005 16:26 :
> Hi Björn,
>
> Find the script file in ld/emulparams which is loaded for your HC12
> target.  Does it define TEMPLATE_NAME=elf32 and EXTRA_EM_FILE=<foo>
> where <foo> is the name if the file where you have placed the
> LDEMUL_PLACE_ORPHAN definition ?  If not then this is the problem.  If
> ti does then try placing some debugging in elf32.em to see if the
> default version of the function is being used instead.
>
> Cheers
>    Nick
Hi Nick,

Thank you for your reply. I have now resolved the issue. It finally turned out 
to be a rather stupid problem. I had used gcc for executing ld and this gcc I 
had been using took ld from some other path than I expected...

Concerning the assigning sections to banks issue, I finally came to the 
conclusion that the better place to do is a bit earlier than "assign 
orphans". I now have a working version: My present change uses the 
ldemul_after_open hook for assigning the appropriate sections. I think that I 
will shortly be suggesting a corresponding patch for mainline. I only would 
like to discuss beforehand with the hc12 maintainers for gcc about their 
opinion for adding support for the "larger" hcs 12 devices.

Bjoern.



More information about the Binutils mailing list