Makefile and bfin-parse.c ?

Jie Zhang jzhang918@gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 13:46:00 GMT 2005


Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Christian Joensson <christian.joensson@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>Makefile:3138: warning: overriding commands for target `bfin-parse.c'
>>Makefile:2744: warning: ignoring old commands for target `bfin-parse.c'
>>
>>Is this wellknown?
> 
> 
> I expect that the bfin-parse.c rule should be copied from the existing
> m68k-parse.c rule.  And there should not be one rule creating both the
> bfin-parse.c and the bfin-parse.tab.h targets.
> 
> The current situation does no harm other than the above warning.
> 
I'm trying to figure out how to remove these warnings. However, I have 
little knowledge about automake. So I need your help. The overriding 
rule is written in Makefile.am, the other is automatically generated by 
automake. Automake won't generate its rule if I remove bfin-parse.tab.h 
from the rule in Makefile.am. However, creating both bfin-parse.c and 
bfin-parse.tab.h is a common way to write yacc/bison rule in Makefile. 
Why can automake not recognize such rules? And I also found that there 
is a rule creating both itbl-parse.c and itbl-parse.h but automake 
doesn't generate a rule for itbl-parse.c. How is this accomplished in 
Makefile.am?

Thanks,
Jie



More information about the Binutils mailing list