[SOLVED] Is having --enable-targets=all undocumented normal?

Vincent Rubiolo vincent.rubiolo@windriver.com
Mon Oct 17 09:00:00 GMT 2005

Hello Mike,

Mike Frysinger wrote:
[...]
> the toplevel README is shared between projects ... it already hints at reading
> subdir README files (noting binutils/README)
>
> but i guess you want something more explicit like 'for full build options, you
> should read ./subdir/README files and run ./subdir/configure --help'
No, thinking again about it, that's fine like this. I should have paid
more attention to the sentence referring to binutils/README file.

[...]
> the toplevel configure is shared among projects (binutils, gdb, etc...) so
> putting subdir options in configure would confuse other projects ... binutils
> is really a collection of tools and each one has its own configure
>
> so if you want a list of all configure options, you have to
> run ./{binutils,ld,gas,bfd,etc...}/configure --help and read
> {binutils,ld,gas,bfd,etc...}/README
> -mike
True. Binutils is only part of the tree and the user has to take care to
look at each subtree for options. That's the good way to go.

Sorry for the noise and thank you for the explanations.

Vincent

--
Using Firefox and Thunderbird at Wind River:
http://twiki.wrs.com/do/view/ENGtools/MozillaAtWindriver