Is having --enable-targets=all undocumented normal?

Vincent Rubiolo vincent.rubiolo@windriver.com
Fri Oct 14 08:48:00 GMT 2005


Hello Ian,

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
[...]
> It is documented in binutils/README, which is where all the binutils
> build instructions are found.  That file is referenced by the top
> level README file.
Thanks for the pointer. It is indeed documented there in details. 
However, a more explanative reference should be given as not everyone 
builds from a unified tree. I myself missed that document, only looking 
for build instructions in the top-level README file.
> 
> I think it would be reasonable to put those instructions somewhere
> else, but where?
Mmm, I cannot really state about that. I was only referring to the fact 
that the option should be printed by the configure help output (so that 
intrigued people can look back at the documentation to know more).

Vincent

-- 
Using Firefox and Thunderbird at Wind River:
http://twiki.wrs.com/do/view/ENGtools/MozillaAtWindriver



More information about the Binutils mailing list