binutils, bfd library, debug.h/c files and so on...
Tarmo Pikaro
tapika@yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 20:21:00 GMT 2005
Hi !
Little bit confused about typedef's...
Original code:
#include <sys/types.h>
typedef u_int8_t byte;
typedef u_int16_t word;
typedef u_int32_t dword;
objdump --debugging output:
typedef unsigned char byte;
typedef short unsigned int word;
typedef unsigned int dword;
When iterating through
n->name = n->u.type->u.knamed->name->name =
debug_get_type_name(handle,n->u.type)
= byte | word | dword
debug_get_type_name(handle,n->u.type->u.knamed->type)
= u_int8_t | u_int16_t | u_int32_t
--debugging is geeting at the roots of typedef ?
How does chain looks like in typedef case ? (where to
locate correct names?)
DEBUG_OBJECT_TYPE -> DEBUG_KIND_NAMED ->
DEBUG_KIND_INT ?
> If you want to get the patches accepted, then they
> need to be approved
> by one of the binutils maintainers (I am one, but I
> am not very
> active).
Ok, I propose that we start from you. :)
> That approach is only going to be OK if you can very
> clearly specify
> what the output should look like. It's not going to
> be OK if the
> output is only for your program.
I will. Is there some web server where I could place
the documentation ? Or can I put a link to external
documentation ? Or should it be included in binutils ?
--
Have a nice day!
Tarmo.
__________________________________
Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005
http://mail.yahoo.com
More information about the Binutils
mailing list