PATCH: Use a hash table for 26X linker speedup

Paul Brook paul@codesourcery.com
Sat Oct 1 01:45:00 GMT 2005

> ld/testsuite/
> 2005-05-01  H.J. Lu  <hongjiu.lu@intel.com>
>
> 	* ld-elf/sec64k.exp: Enabled for all ELF targets.

On an arm-none-eabi cross this test takes about 8 minutes to run on my
machine. This is about 25 times longer than the whole of the rest of the
binutils+gas+gdb testsuites put together.

Tests run on a 2GHz amd64, ie. not a slow machine.

A native i386 linker completes the test in a more reasonable time (~20
seconds), so this looks like an arm specific problem.

We should probably figure out what causing this slowness. Until that happens,
the patch below disable the test on arm targets.
Ok?

I'll file a bug in bugzilla to remind me/us that there's something slow in the
arm linker.

Paul

2005-10-01  Paul Brook  <paul@codesourcery.com>

	* ld-elf/sec64k.exp: Skip test on arm targets (too slow).