New GAS testsuite failures after your THUMB32 patch

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Mon May 23 12:11:00 GMT 2005

Hi Zack,

  I am seeing some new gas testsuite failures after the Thumb32 patch
  was committed.  Failures such as:

      FAIL: ARM Thumb-compat pseudos
      FAIL: Thumb ARM-compat pseudos
      FAIL: VFP errors
      FAIL: .req errors
      FAIL: Invalid use of r15 errors
      FAIL: Valid ARM, invalid Thumb
      FAIL: iWMMXt errors
      FAIL: Thumb instructions
      FAIL: 32-bit Thumb instructions
      FAIL: TLS

  Not all ARM targets produce all of these failures, but all targets
  are producing some failures and all of the failures are produced by
  some combination of the targets.  The targets that I am testing are:

     arm-aout
     arm-epoc-pe
     arm-nto
     arm-vxworks
     arm-wince-pe
     arm-symbianelf
     arm-none-eabi
     xscale-coff
     xscale-elf

  Would it be possible for you to investigate and fix these failures
  please ?

PS. Actually, looking at a few of the logs I think that some of the
failures may be due to Jan's macro-handling patches forcing '#' to be
a line comment character, but it would be good if you could confirm
this.