Patch for IA64 HP-UX build

Steve Ellcey sje@cup.hp.com
Wed May 4 23:59:00 GMT 2005

I have been trying to build the latest binutils on IA64 HP-UX and ran
into several problems involving the newly added use of -Werror.  Here is
the first of several patches to fix them.  If approved, I think I need
someone to check it in for me too, I have GCC tree write access but I
have never checked anything in to the binutils tree.

The problem being addressed here is that bfd/sysdep.h only includes
strings.h if it hasn't already included string.h.  HP-UX has both and
ffs() is only defined in strings.h.  I hope there are no platforms where
including both will cause a problem.  If there are, HP-UX could also be
made to work by checking for strings.h before string.h.

Tested on an HP-UX IA64 build which gets further with this change then
without it.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com

bfd/ChangeLog:

2005-05-04  Steve Ellcey  <sje@cup.hp.com>

	 sysdep.h: Change ifdefs around include of string.h and strings.h.

*** src.orig/bfd/sysdep.h	Wed May  4 16:31:48 2005
--- src/bfd/sysdep.h	Wed May  4 16:32:00 2005
*************** extern int errno;
*** 41,53 ****

  #ifdef HAVE_STRING_H
  #include <string.h>
! #else
  #ifdef HAVE_STRINGS_H
  #include <strings.h>
! #else
  extern char *strchr ();
  extern char *strrchr ();
- #endif
  #endif

  #ifdef HAVE_STDLIB_H
--- 41,55 ----

  #ifdef HAVE_STRING_H
  #include <string.h>
! #endif
!
  #ifdef HAVE_STRINGS_H
  #include <strings.h>
! #endif
!
! #if !defined(HAVE_STRING_H) && !defined(HAVE_STRINGS_H)
  extern char *strchr ();
  extern char *strrchr ();
  #endif

  #ifdef HAVE_STDLIB_H