optimizations for 3x speedup in ld

Robert O'Callahan rocallahan@novell.com
Wed Mar 30 13:17:00 GMT 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 15:53 +0200, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 09:37:49AM +1300, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> > I'm attaching the patch so people can see it/test it/comment on it,
> > keeping in mind this is copyright Novell for now.
>
> What happened with this patch?
> Is this stuck because of code assignment (Ian's mail suggested Novell
> has blanket copyright assignment for binutils), or because of the
> requested formatting changes etc.?

I have mailed a copyright assignment form to the FSF. They should
receive it any day now. Once they receive it, in combination with
Novell's blanket disclaimer of copyright in binutils (signed by David
Wilkes and on file with the FSF) someone should be able to check the
patch in.

> The patch as is doesn't apply cleanly to current CVS binutils,
> so I took it, make it apply, fixed whatever formatting issues I found out
> and changed a few things I spotted.

Your changes look good.

Rob