[RFA] Fix compilation warnings in irix-core.c

Eric Christopher echristo@redhat.com
Tue Mar 29 06:03:00 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 14:44 -0800, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> GDB currently fails to build on mips/irix due to warnings now being
> turned into errors. I am unfortunately lacking the time to look deeply
> into this at the moment (I have asked one of my coworkers to help me
> with that), but there was one file where the fixes were I think obvious.
> Here is a patch for it:
>
> 2005-03-28  Joel Brobecker  <brobecker@adacore.com>
>
>         * irix-core.c (do_sections): Add parenthesis in expression
>         to avoid a compiler warning.
>         (irix_core_core_file_matches_executable_p): Add ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED
>         to unused parameters to avoid a compiler warning.

       if (!make_bfd_asection (abfd, secname,
-			      SEC_ALLOC | SEC_LOAD+SEC_HAS_CONTENTS,
+			      SEC_ALLOC | (SEC_LOAD+SEC_HAS_CONTENTS),

Spaces around the + please.

 irix_core_core_file_matches_executable_p (core_bfd, exec_bfd)
-     bfd *core_bfd, *exec_bfd;
+     bfd *core_bfd ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED, *exec_bfd ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED;

Can you move this to:

bfd *core_bfd ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED;
bfd *exec_bfd ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED;

please?

OK with those changes. Though if you want to migrate the whole file to
ISO I'd appreciate it. For style just look at, say, elfxx-mips.c :)

-eric