Supposedly unsupported targets

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@false.org
Sat Mar 26 14:27:00 GMT 2005

On Sat, Mar 26, 2005 at 12:40:41AM +0800, Steve Underwood wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 22nd March a message was posted proposing support for a number of
> targets in binutils be deprecated. The MSP430 was included as an
> unmaintained target. I am puzzled by this. It is very actively
> maintained. Updates for this MSP430 went into binutils not too long ago.
> I have another bunch of updates we are getting ready to submit for new
> parts in the MSP430 family.
>
> Can someone tell me what criteria have been used to draw up the list?
> Has the MSP430 been included by mistake?

Alan wrote:

 Some of the targets I put in the dead/maintainerless list are fairly
 new.  I put them on the list simply because the original contributor
 didn't put their name in binutils/MAINTAINERS.  Please fix..

Please see:

  http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2005-03/msg00704.html

Dmitry, do you have commit access?  If so, could you commit the patch?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC