[committed] fix DF_TEXTREL addition on mips

Eric Christopher echristo@redhat.com
Thu Mar 24 11:51:00 GMT 2005

For mips after my cfi changes we were occasionally emitting DF_TEXTREL
when, in fact, we weren't generating the relocation at all. This was
giving glibc all sorts of headaches according to the comments from
Daniel :)

The best bet is to delay determining whether or not to set DF_TEXTREL
until we've actually emitted the relocation into the object file.

I've committed this to mainline now and will commit to the 2.16 branch
in a couple of days if I haven't broken anything else by accident.

Tested on mips-elf mips-linux-gnu mips-sgi-irix without regressions.
Tested with gcc for mips-elf and mips64-elf without regressions (though
those aren't a good test).

As a note this code should probably be cleaned up.

-eric

bfd/ChangeLog:

2005-03-23  Eric Christopher  <echristo@redhat.com>

	* elfxx-mips.c (MIPS_ELF_READONLY_SECTION): New.
	(mips_elf_calculate_relocation): Use. Define DF_TEXTREL
	after emitting relocation.
	(_bfd_mips_elf_adjust_dynamic_symbol): Ditto.
	(_bfd_mips_elf_check_relocs): Remove code to set DF_TEXTREL
	and readonly_reloc.

ld/testsuite/ChangeLog:

2005-03-23  Eric Christopher  <echristo@redhat.com>

	* ld-mips-elf/textrel-1.s, ld-mips-elf/textrel-1.d: New
	test.
	* ld-mips-elf/mips-elf.exp: Call it.
	* ld-mips-elf/rel32-n32.d: Update for DF_TEXTREL removal.
	* ld-mips-elf/rel32-o32.d: Ditto.
	* ld-mips-elf/rel64.d: Ditto.