Binutils builds broken with -Werror

Maciej W. Rozycki macro@linux-mips.org
Tue Mar 22 18:14:00 GMT 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Nick Clifton wrote:

> Hmm, well I am not wedded to GNU make, but do other versions of make support
> the $(subst FROM,TO,TEXT) function ?  If not then can anyone suggest a more
> portable way of achieving the same effect ?

 Well, since that -Werror is added by configure scripts in the first
place, the most reasonable way of dealing with it is probably letting
autoconf/automake do their jobs.  This flag could be substituted
separately instead of along other flags in WARN_CFLAGS and then omitted
selectively for generated files -- automake permits overriding default
compilation flags in templates on a file by file basis.

  Maciej