build failure for ia64 (due to -Werror)

James E Wilson wilson@specifixinc.com
Sat Mar 19 17:57:00 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 17:23, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> This is wrong.  bfd_uint64_t does not require a 64-bit BFD, only a native
> 64-bit type (be it long long or long).

Another thing I find confusing here, if what you say is right, then why
did Alan go to all of the trouble of removing all 64-bit types from the
elfNN_ia64_relax_brl function last month?  I am assuming there is a
reason why he made such a large change, when a much simpler one could
have been made if you are right.  Perhaps my assumption is wrong.