build failure for ia64 (due to -Werror)

James E Wilson wilson@specifixinc.com
Sat Mar 19 12:13:00 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 17:23, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> James E Wilson <wilson@specifixinc.com> writes
> > You missed the point.  First of all, there is no bfd_uint64_t type when
> > there is no 64-bit BFD.
> This is wrong.  bfd_uint64_t does not require a 64-bit BFD, only a native
> 64-bit type (be it long long or long).

I can't argue this, as I've already said I don't understand fully how
this stuff works.  I can only point to Alan's comments which insist that
there are other problems here.

I am trying to figure out how this stuff works, but you need to give me
some time, and meanwhile, please don't make any rash changes to the
IA-64 port.