build failure for ia64 (due to -Werror)

James E Wilson wilson@specifixinc.com
Fri Mar 18 23:52:00 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 13:12, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Or perhaps we just need to move elf32-ia64.c from BFD32_BACKENDS to
> BFD64_BACKENDS in bfd/Makefile.am.

OK, thanks, I see the problem now.  With 40-bit instructions, a few
80-bit instructions, 128-bit bundles, and 64-bit unwind info, it is
easier and more convenient if we can assume a 64-bit type exists, even
if this is a 32-bit target.  Things could be fixed if we had to though,
Alan fixed elfNN_ia64_relax_brl last month to work with a 32-bit
bfd_vma.