fix missing Xtensa relocations for difference of symbols

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Fri Mar 18 10:58:00 GMT 2005

Hi Bob,

> I'm planning to put this patch on the 2.16 branch.  In fact, I have a
> number of Xtensa-specific changes that I'd like to make before 2.16 goes
> out.  Some of these changes are more risky than would usually be
> appropriate for a release branch, but I think they will still be
> improvements to the current state of the Xtensa code.  I would have
> liked to get the Xtensa-related binutils code in better shape before the
> branch was made, but I haven't been able to spend much time on it until
> recently.  Daniel said to use good judgement and I assume this is OK,
> but I wanted to explain the situation ahead of time in case anyone objects.

Changes like this, which are specific to a particular port are usually
OK.  They are not going to affect any other ports, so they cannot break
any other toolchains.

Besides if it does turn out that these patches break the Xtensa port
then you will be the chap that everyone complains to, right ? :-)