-Werror enabled by default for binutils

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Wed Mar 16 16:46:00 GMT 2005

Hi Guys,

  Today is the day.  Now that we have a 2.16 branch I am checking in a
  patch to the mainline sources to add -Werror to the compiler command
  line when building in the bfd/ binutils/ gas/ gprof/ ld/ and
  opcodes/ directories.

  This feature can be disabled via the --disable-error-on-warning
  command line switch.

  Since Ben brought this subject up a while ago and suggested a patch
  for it I am including him in the ChangeLog entry, although I have
  modified his patch somewhat.

bfd, binutils, gas, gprof, ld, opcodes/ChangeLog

2005-03-16  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>
	    Ben Elliston  <bje@au.ibm.com>

	* configure.in (error-on-warning): New switch: Add -Werror to the
	compiler command line.  Enabled by default.  Disable via
	--disable-error-on-warning.
	* configure: Regenerate.