Strange flag in WIN32 PECOFF

Hanzac Chen hanzac@gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 11:05:00 GMT 2005

Hi, Aaron

Aaron W. LaFramboise wrote:
> I would suspect, without really knowing, that either PECOFF or DJGPP's
> COFF implementation is incorrect with regards to the original COFF
> specification.  This is probably the root of the problem.  However, I
> don't think it is possible to fix this.

Is it because that the PECOFF format should follow the Microsoft's
specification? If that, I don't think it will do good. Moreover, barely
the compatibility in the formats is not enough, MSVC produces objects
that have too much *features* especially the C++ ones. IMHO, only the
PE *executale* file strictly following the specification is enough.
and the objects could be compatible with the DJGPP's.

only suggestion,
Hanzac