ARMv6T2 ARM instructions - assembler support

Zack Weinberg zack@codesourcery.com
Tue Mar 15 03:51:00 GMT 2005

Something I neglected to mention.  The ARM-ARM suggests that MOVT and
MOVW should be synthesized by the assembler for MOV immediates that
can't be expressed by a <shifter_operand>.  I did not implement this.
Also, it's possible to intuit from the existence of relocations for
these instructions in the Mar 8 revision of ARMELF, that they should
allow most link-time expressions as well as bare immediates.  I did
not implement that, either.  (Both are in the pipeline.)

zw