Linking against shared library linked to another shared one, please help

matteo.pampolini@seleniacomms.com matteo.pampolini@seleniacomms.com
Thu Mar 10 15:34:00 GMT 2005

Hi there,

I know this topic was already discussed on this mailing list, but the
answers I found
didn't satisfy my issue.

Ok, suppose a C app links against shared libAAA that in turns links against
libBBB:
why should I tell app of libBBB presence?

If I want to hide the implementation of libAAA and eventually later change
it, I should be
able to avoid putting this information inside app compilation process,
isn't it?

I had a look at ld man page in -rpath-link section, but it seems to me that
it doesn't
fit my needs.

Could please someone help me?

Many thanks in advance,