gas/config/tc-tic54x.c's use of macro_struct and formal_struct

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Wed Mar 9 12:44:00 GMT 2005

Hi Jan,

> As I'm intending to add one or two elements to macro_struct (to allow
> .purgem to free the memory allocated by .macro) I'd like to understand
> what, if any, reasons there are for this file, in function
> tic54x_macro_info, to redeclare these two structures instead of using
> them (or even better their typedef equivalents) from the already
> included macro.h.

As far as I can tell this was an ill-advised piece of coding.  The
typedefs from macro.h should have been used as you suggested.  Please
feel free to contribute a patch to do just this.