Thumb (PLT) problem

Kovacs.Ferenc.5@stud.u-szeged.hu Kovacs.Ferenc.5@stud.u-szeged.hu
Wed Mar 9 11:23:00 GMT 2005

Hello,

I have to rewrite the files `$UCLIBC_PATH/libc/sysdeps/linux/
arm/*' to work in thumb mode. I'm using buildroot with
binutils 2.15, GCC 3.4.3, uclibc 0.9.27,
linux-libc-headers-2.4.27. When assembling files which have
function calls with (PLT) i get the following error message:

bsd-setjmp.S: Assembler messages:
bsd-setjmp.S:36: Error: garbage following instruction --
`b __sigsetjmp(PLT)'

The bsd-setjmp.S looks like this:

# 1 "bsd-setjmp.S"
# 1 "<built-in>"
# 1 "<command line>"
# 1 "bsd-setjmp.S"
# 26 "bsd-setjmp.S"
# 1 "/usr/include/bits/setjmp.h" 1 3 4
# 27 "bsd-setjmp.S" 2

.thumb
.globl setjmp;
.type setjmp,%function
.code 16;
.align 2;

setjmp:
 mov r1, #1
 b __sigsetjmp (PLT)
.size setjmp,.-setjmp;

Do you know what does this error message exactly mean?
And what is (PLT) for here?? Sorry for my newbie-style-question,
but i'm new to ARM assembly...

Feri

PS: If you know any useful docs on this topic please send me
a pointer. Thanks.