can't build redboot,may be it's arm-elf-objcopy's problem(solved)

tuyun tuyun263@sohu.com
Wed Mar 9 06:57:00 GMT 2005

Hello

I 'm sorry that I said the two machines have same toolchains. Indeed the configure tool is different . One is version 1.3, the other is 2.11. The configure tool 2.11 does work. I think maybe it's the memory layout's problem, since the *.ldi (I modified it by hand)isn't consistent with *.mlt .

------------------------------------------original letter--------------------------------------
Hi,
   I have a ecos for S3c44b0, I can build redboot on my Winxp machine. But on my classmate's machine
, I can't get the redboot image. The two machines have the same toolchain.
	The prolbem is it can't  execute this rule:
arm-elf-gcc -c -DCHECKSUM=`src/flash_cksum.tcl src/redboot_ncs.bin`  -I/cygdrive/D/ecossave/et7test_install/include -I/cygdrive/J/embeded/ecos/ecos1/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current -I/cygdrive/J/embeded/ecos/ecos1/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/src -I/cygdrive/J/embeded/ecos/ecos1/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/tests -I. -I/cygdrive/J/embeded/ecos/ecos1/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/src/ -finline-limit=7000 -mcpu=arm7tdmi -mno-short-load-words -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Winline -Wundef -Woverloaded-virtual -g -O2 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions   -o src/redboot.o /cygdrive/J/embeded/ecos/ecos1/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/src/redboot_module.c

When executing this rule, the Winxp complains there doesn't have enough virtual memeory. Then the building process exit with signal 6.

I found that the  redboot_ncs.bin created by "arm-elf-objcopy -O binary src/redboot_ncs.img src/redboot_ncs.bin"  is very big
(196610kb).
I can use the same toolchain on this machine build other targets' reboot, such as E7t.

Any idea?
Thanks in advance.

            Regards

        tuyun