Binutils 2.16 branch created

David Du dddu88@cox.net
Tue Mar 8 19:21:00 GMT 2005

Hi, Daniel, I downloaded Binutils 2.15, and build it with target support for
rs6000-aix since I want to use objdump to dump out xcoff format object files
created from IBM aix system, I tried to configure
with --target=rs6000-ibm-aix, and built the binutils, when I tested the
objdump.exe file with objdump -i, it gave me error: "objdump: can't set BFD
default target to 'rs6000-ibm-aix': Invalid bfd target", I tried to
configure with --target=rs6000-aix as described in readme, it gave me the
same error message, after that I tried to configure
with --enable-targets=all, then tested with objdump -i, it gave me all the
supported things like pe-i386, elf32-i386 etc, but no rs6000-aix, any idea
or what have I done wrong? I have not tried your binutils-2.16, do you know
whether it will support rs6000-aix for the objdump?

THanks

David

-----Original Message-----
From: binutils-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:binutils-owner@sources.redhat.com]On Behalf Of Daniel Jacobowitz
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 1:55 PM
To: binutils@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Binutils 2.16 branch created

The "binutils-2_16-branch" branch has been created and is now open for
business.  Please only commit patches that have been approved for mainline,
and represent bug fixes; there's a lot of slack here, but be intelligent.
That's always worked so far.

The first snapshot can be found at:
  ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/binutils/snapshots/binutils-2.15.96.tar.bz2

With luck, binutils 2.16 will be released in early April.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC