Fix for unexpected failure in ld-cris/warn3

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue Mar 8 15:00:00 GMT 2005

Hi Hans-Peter,

> I tried to repeat this but still do not see the failure on
> x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (RH Ent AS 3.0,
> spe189.testdrive.hp.com).

Strange...  I am running pretty the same environment on my host:

   Linux workshop 2.4.21-27.0.2.EL #1 Wed Jan 12 23:35:46 EST 2005 i686
athlon i386 GNU/Linux

> No failures in the ld-cris/cris.exp
> section.  I do see failures that look like 32/64-bit issues in
> the gas testsuite FWIW.
>
> I'm suspecting local patches in your tree (completely without
> cause).

Actually with good cause - I do have several of those, but I have just
backed them out, reconfigured and rebuilt a cris-elf toolchain from
scratch and the failure still happens...

> I don't know how to proceed here except to leave it, as it works
> for me.  Can you repeat the test?

Yes and the failure is still there.

It occurred to me that the discrepancy might be due to the fact that I
am using a different version of gcc.  I am using the GNUPro version that
RedHat ships to various paying customers which is based on gcc 3.4
rather than the gcc 3.2.3 version which is the system default for RHEL3.
  Unfortunately I tried reverting to the system compiler and the failure
still happened.

Where is the stabs warning message generated anyway ?  ie which
functions in bfd and/or ld are responsible for detecting the stab
message and printing it out ?