alpha tls testsuite failures

Alan Modra amodra@bigpond.net.au
Thu Mar 3 23:46:00 GMT 2005

Hi Richard,
  The ld alpha tls tests have been failing for quite some time, due to
a) fewer dynamic section symbols being emitted, and b) changed section
ordering.  (b) is what's stopping me simply updating the expected
output, as I'm concerned there may be a real problem.  Note where .data
appears now in tlspic.rd:

new		old
.text		.text
.eh_frame	.data
.tdata		.tdata
.tbss		.tbss
.dynamic	.eh_frame
.plt		.dynamic
.data		.plt
.got		.got
.sbss		.sbss
.bss		.bss

Seems to me that you probably shouldn't have .data stuck in the middle
of gp addressed sections, but then I don't know enough about the
limitations of gp relative addressing on alpha to say whether this
matters or not..

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre