Copyright dates updated

Alan Modra amodra@bigpond.net.au
Thu Mar 3 12:35:00 GMT 2005

Since we are soon to be making a release, I dug through cvs logs to
update copyright dates.  Previous attempts to get the dates right have
rummaged through ChangeLog files, which fails on incorrectly spelled
files or entries such as
	* Many files: Changes to avoid gcc warnings
So there were rather more updates than I expected.  I used this script
to pull the info out of cvs:

for z in `find . -name CVS -prune -o -type f \! -name \*~ \! -name .\#\* \! -name ChangeLog\* -print`
do
  echo $z; cvs log $z | sed -n -e '/^revision [^\.]*\.[^\.]*$/ {
s,date: \([^/]*\).*,\1,
/^branches:/ n
/copyright/ b
/Initial revision/ b
/^[Mm]erge / b
}' | uniq > /tmp/z

Then I ran the following (or variations thereof to cope with generated
files, BSD copyright etc.) to find me the files that needed editing.

while read x; do if test ${x%%/*} = .; then f=$x; else grep -q $x $f || echo $f; fi; done < /tmp/z | uniq | xargs grep -l Copyright

The actual updates were done by hand, since I didn't trust a fully
automated edit.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre