compiling binutils with -DDEBUG

Ian Lance Taylor ian@airs.com
Wed Mar 2 01:40:00 GMT 2005

Alan Modra <amodra@bigpond.net.au> writes:

> >  If the assert in fixup_segment() fails, then
> > MRI common symbols will not be handled correctly.
>
> Are you sure?  I couldn't see why it mattered that the sym was resolved
> at write.c:1857 versus being resolved at write.c:2588.  The mri common
> testcase looks to produce good results.

A relocation against a symbol in an MRI common section has to be
converted into a relocation against the MRI common symbol with the
appropriate addend.  That is what the code in fixup_segment is doing.

The MRI common test case isn't particularly convincing, since it
doesn't test the reloc information (presumably my fault).

Ian