How to reclaim .rela.dyn entries for symbols that become hidden?
John David Anglin
dave@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca
Thu Jun 30 17:35:00 GMT 2005
> Lets not worry about wether this is optimal (It's not and the fix is to
> change glibc/sysdeps/hppa/start.S to use plabel words so these become 1
> reloc each).
>
> Symbol table '.dynsym' contains 11 entries:
> Num: Value Size Type Bind Vis Ndx Name
> 0: 00000000 0 NOTYPE LOCAL DEFAULT UND
> 1: 00020b18 0 OBJECT LOCAL HIDDEN ABS __fini_array_end
> 2: 00010770 132 FUNC GLOBAL DEFAULT 11 __libc_csu_fini
> 3: 00020b18 0 OBJECT LOCAL HIDDEN ABS __fini_array_start
> 4: 000106e0 144 FUNC GLOBAL DEFAULT 11 __libc_csu_init
> 5: 0001054c 28 FUNC GLOBAL DEFAULT 11 main
> 6: 00020b18 0 OBJECT LOCAL HIDDEN ABS __init_array_end
> 7: 00020b18 0 OBJECT LOCAL HIDDEN ABS __init_array_start
> 8: 00000000 0 NOTYPE WEAK DEFAULT UND _Jv_RegisterClasses
> 9: 00000000 368 FUNC GLOBAL DEFAULT UND __libc_start_main@GLIBC_2.2 (2)
> 10: 00010884 4 FUNC WEAK DEFAULT 11 __gmon_start__
>
> Let us also not worry why --export-dynamic is the default on hppa.
> Though I may raise such a discussion later, under the flag of "function
> descriptor comparisons."
That's interesting.
> Are these hidden symbols the cuprits of the extra relocs in .rela.dyn,
> or should I be looking elsewhere?
That seems the most likely explanation. I'm not sure but I don't
think we have these in 2.15.
Dave
--
J. David Anglin dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)
More information about the Binutils
mailing list