How to reclaim .rela.dyn entries for symbols that become hidden?

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@false.org
Thu Jun 30 17:31:00 GMT 2005

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 12:59:22PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> The four R_PARISC_NONE entries seem to come from somewhere? There are
> infact 4 hidden symbols. In check_relocs they are not hidden, but space
> is *not* allocated to them. However, allocate_dynrelocs does eventually
> see they are dynamic and records that (bfd_elf_link_record_dynamic_symbol).
> Does this call have any side effects that I might not realize?
> In relocate_section though the visibility is hidden.

No, it shouldn't have extra side effects.

> Are these hidden symbols the cuprits of the extra relocs in .rela.dyn,
> or should I be looking elsewhere?

Somewere, you're allocating the space for them.  Probably this means
that you're counting things incorrectly, or too early.  Is
allocate_dynrelocs allocating space for them despite the fact that they
are hidden?  If not, where's it come from?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC