Attempt to fix remaining test suite failures on arm-* -- stuck
Zack Weinberg
zack@codesourcery.com
Thu Jun 30 16:58:00 GMT 2005
Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com> writes:
[... helpful explanation snipped ...]
> I've attached a revised diff for tc-arm.c: it passes all the tests on
> arm-none-eabi. However, I haven't had chance to try it on the other
> targets.
Thank you. I can confirm that this fixes arm-none-eabi and causes no
regressions on the other targets in my list. I am now seeing only
these failures, on arm-vxworks:
=== gas tests ===
FAIL: Unwind table generation
FAIL: TLS
Here's the .log report for those tests:
regexp_diff match failure
regexp "^0000000c R_ARM_PREL31 .text$"
line "0000000c R_ARM_PREL31 .text+0x0000000c"
regexp_diff match failure
regexp "^00000008 R_ARM_NONE __aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr1$"
line "00000008 R_ARM_NONE __aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr1+0x00000008"
regexp_diff match failure
regexp "^0000000c R_ARM_PREL31 .ARM.extab$"
line "0000000c R_ARM_PREL31 .ARM.extab+0x0000000c"
regexp_diff match failure
regexp "^ 0000 00000000 (b0b0a880 04000000|80a8b0b0 00000004) 00000000 .*$"
line " 0000 00000000 b0b0a880 00000000 00000000 ................"
regexp_diff match failure
regexp "^ 0010 (08000000 0c000000 0c000000 1c000000|00000008 0000000c 0000000c 0000001c) .*$"
line " 0010 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 ................"
regexp_diff match failure
regexp "^ 0020 (10000000 08849780|00000010 80978408) .*$"
line " 0020 00000000 08849780 ........ "
FAIL: Unwind table generation
regexp_diff match failure
regexp "^ 10: R_ARM_TLS_LDM32 b$"
line " 10: R_ARM_TLS_LDM32 b+0x4"
regexp_diff match failure
regexp "^ 14: R_ARM_TLS_IE32 c$"
line " 14: R_ARM_TLS_IE32 c+0x8"
FAIL: TLS
As I said in my earlier message, it's my belief that these failures
are spurious, a matter of VxWorks using RELA-format relocations, which
the test suite is not expecting. I cannot prove that, though, nor do
I know what to do about it if so.
zw
More information about the Binutils
mailing list