link problems, when building mozilla on Solaris 10

Eric Botcazou ebotcazou@libertysurf.fr
Thu Jun 16 21:21:00 GMT 2005

> When i try to build mozilla on Solaris 10 i get the following errors:
>
> mozilla/dist/bin/libnspr4.so: undefined reference to `fcntl@SUNW_0.9'
> mozilla/dist/bin/libnspr4.so: undefined reference to `dlsym@SUNW_0.7'
> mozilla/dist/bin/libnspr4.so: undefined reference to
> `pthread_join@SUNW_0.9' mozilla/dist/bin/libnspr4.so: undefined reference
> to `select@SUNW_1.2' mozilla/dist/bin/libnspr4.so: undefined reference to
> `rw_unlock@SUNW_0.9' mozilla/dist/bin/libnspr4.so: undefined reference to
> `pthread_attr_destroy@SUNW_0.9' mozilla/dist/bin/libnspr4.so: undefined
> reference to `dlerror@SUNW_0.7' .. and so on
>
> When g++ links regxpcom. Any idea. I mean the symbols look strange...
> It does not happen, when i use a gcc that does not use GNU binutils.

Please file a PR.  I can confirm the same symptoms for libgcj (GCC 4.0.0) with
binutils 2.16 on SPARC/Solaris 10.  No problems on Solaris 2.5.1 up to 9.  No
problems too if GCC uses the Sun tools.

--
Eric Botcazou