[PATCH] ia64: unwind directive handling
Jan Beulich
JBeulich@novell.com
Wed Jun 15 15:31:00 GMT 2005
So Jim, should I remove .vframepsp altogether in the to-be-updated the patch? Jan
>>> "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@novell.com> 13.06.05 09:06:52 >>>
>>> Cary Coutant <cary@cup.hp.com> 10.06.05 23:52:01 >>>
>> I checked the SCRA. Appendix B constains tables listing all of the
>> valid
>> unwind encodings. This does not include psp_psprel. I see that it
>> comes
>> from the .vframepsp directive. Curiously, the asm language manual has
>> two
>> typos in the vframepsp docs. It emits two unwind records, and both of
>> them
>> are mispelled. Maybe this is a late change that was never properly
>> documented.
>> How do you know that P8 r=0 is correct?
>
>Jim is right -- there is no psp_psprel unwind directive, and Format P8,
>r=0 is unassigned.
As I said, ias uses this, so it can't be completely invalid.
>If you think about it, storing the previous stack pointer at a location
>relative to psp is pointless at best, since you would need to know the
>psp in order to recover the psp!
Hmm, indeed. This, however, still doesn't mean no change is needed; .vframepsp itself is pointless, then, and support for it should be removed.
Jan
More information about the Binutils
mailing list