performance problem when linking for windows

Christian Joensson christian.joensson@gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 18:13:00 GMT 2005


On 6/13/05, Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
> 
> > Hello.  Is this list an appropriate place to ask questions about the
> > performance of binutils?
> 
> Yes :-)
> 
> > These are all the items above 1% of the link time when I build the
> > linker with profiling:
> 
> >  10.49    165.97    22.11     104704     0.00     0.00  wild_sort
> 
> > Does anyone have some advice on where I might look to speed this up?
> 
> Have you seen this:
>   http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/roc/archives/2005/02/optimizing_gnu.html
> 
> The patch has not yet been accepted into the binutils because of
> copyright assignment problems, but you still might find it useful for
> yourself.

I sure hope this gets resolved RSN :)

-- 
Cheers,

/ChJ



More information about the Binutils mailing list