Fix stupid hppa .block implementation

Sat Jun 11 17:40:00 GMT 2005

> Ever size Zack fixed the hppa block1 test, my machine has crawled to
> virtually a halt when running the gas testsuite for hppa-linux.  At
> least, until I disabled the test..  By the way my machine was behaving,
> the testcase was chewing up enormous amounts of memory.  I decided to
> see why, and discovered that pa_block was allocating a chunk of
> 0x3fffffff bytes, then clearing it, not once, but twice!

I recently posted this test to the parisc-linux list as it consistently
crashes my hppa-linux system.  I think this is because it has 0x3fffffff
bytes of memory ;(

Thanks for improving pa_block,
Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)