gc sections and .eh_frame

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Fri Jun 10 11:49:00 GMT 2005


Eric Botcazou wrote:
>>I'll be committing a gcc patch soon to fix this on all active gcc branches,
>>pre-approved by David Edelsohn.
>>
>>	* config/rs6000/sysv4.h (TARGET_ASM_EXCEPTION_SECTION): Delete.
> 
> 
> Thanks for tracking this down!

Agreed, thanks! And hopefully that does mean it won't affect other 
architectures after all.

But that still leaves us with a huge time gap between now, and when GCC 
CVS after the patch finally reaches gcc 4.1.0.

So I would still be keen on pursuing a workaround in binutils, perhaps 
along the lines of what I suggested (seeing if .gcc_except_table is in the 
input sections), or anything else anyone thinks would work. Adding a 
special case for powerpc probably wouldn't be wise as it wouldn't be 
appropriate for gcc 4.1.

Jifl
-- 
eCosCentric    http://www.eCosCentric.com/    The eCos and RedBoot experts
--["No sense being pessimistic, it wouldn't work anyway"]-- Opinions==mine



More information about the Binutils mailing list